Saturday, January 22, 2011

TWENTY TEN!!!

Yesterday I was looking at my 2010 wall planner and was amazed at how many photography jobs I actually did. And then I looked my my goals for 2010 that I wrote in 2009.

Here are my goals and what I actually achieved!

GOAL: 10 weddings
ACTUAL: 6 weddings


60% SUCCESS


GOAL: 15 Family/Portrait sittings/bookings
ACTUAL: 13 Family sittings

86% SUCCESS


GOAL: 5 School photos
ACTUAL: 3 School photos


60% SUCCESS


Plus 4 Freelance jobs

A GRAND TOTAL OF 26!!!

Now initially I thought that is not enough, but then I thought about it.

* On average thats one job a fortnight, realistically any more then that last year with 3 kids at home would have been a struggle (Remember thought I would have defiantly done it if I did happen to have more!)

* When I was setting my goals for 2010 at first I was putting lower numbers in my goals, I think 6 was my goal I first put for weddings, now you may be thinking that if I put 6 then I would have achieved 100% of my goal?? maybe, but what if I still only achieved 60%?? Then I would have only have done 3 weddings!!
(goes back to an earlier blog on goals where I said to aim higher then you actually want to achieve)

* 3 out of my 6 weddings were couples that are from NZ but now live in Australia. Now that is fantastic as 3 samples of MY wedding photography have travelled across the ditch! WOW now think about it...I can start offering travel photography packages!!! Fly to oz for the weekend to photograph a wedding! all expenses paid!

* ALL of the wedding bookings were WORD OF MOUTH

* ONE of the family bookings was from newspaper advertising

* FOUR of the family bookings were from FACEBOOK!

* TWO of  the school bookings were from me getting out there and making myself known and ONE was following on from 2009

* THREE of the freelance jobs were on my own initiative - not the best idea I had! however I have records of those particular events and the photos may be more valuable in time.

SO!!! With all that in mind, WHAT A YEAR!!!

I set up my facebook page a year ago as well and now I am up to 300 friends!
And my email data base, that I send updates every now and then is around 100.

Learning what works for me and what does not has been very exciting (and a little expensive in some cases!)

And another exciting thing is LIFE is falling into place, a vision that I have had for a coupe of years now.

AND 2010 HAS BEEN A 200% IMPROVEMENT ON 2009!!! WOW!!!

So on that note I will end todays blog there. Watch this space for 2011 goals!!! they will be bigger and better!!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment