Wednesday, February 9, 2011

keep cool at school!!!

Well what a start to the school year! Cody and Cameron were keen to get back into it until after their first day and the reality set in that Miss Morunga (thier first teacher) was not their teacher and most of their class was in the room next door!
So after the first day a couple of days of hell set it! Refusal to get out of bed, put uniforms on, swim at school or do school work...you name it I could not believe it! Their new teacher was not too impressed!!! So I thought I had better work on getting this sorted!
So, first things first NO PLAYSTATION OR NO COMPUTER until school is sorted!!! next on the agenda, on the first weekend off we made a poster about their class, C & C had to draw a picture of them and their teachers and friends, then as they told me what they did at school I wrote it on the poster..."Play"..."Eat lunch"...I had to prompt them with "what about reading an writing and LEARNING!!!" Then I asked them to draw pictures of them doing each activity and we pasted it on the poster!
Now the next and BEST step I could have thought of! I called Charlene (AKA Miss Morunga) and told her what was happening and if we could have a catch up. So we met up on Sunday afternoon at the park...

So after a play on the park and fun catch up...


We walked down to feed the over fed ducks that would not eat our bread! 
A few "Words or Wisdom from Miss Morunga along the way!"
The a quick cuddle on the way up...



Then one more play on the park...



So the outcome...They are making awesome progress everyday!!! Even started going swimming everyday, completing school work as required! So I am very proud and I am really am looking forward to them showing their teachers just what they are made of and how well they can do as they settle in even more and be themselves!

Thanks so much Charlene, you defiantly helped BIG TIME!!! Everyday they get home they tell me to text you and tell them how their day went! Plenty more catch ups to come!!! Can't wait ;-)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment